Ron's Sea and Sky Aviation Page page is mostly for the
Aviation enthusiast. Email me at email@example.com
with any corrections or suggestions.
Last Update: 29 Jan 2012
to Ron Wanttaja's Sea and Sky
Links to Homebuilt Aircraft Companies and
Aircraft Web Pages
Frequently Asked Questions (and Their Answers)
- Homebuilt Aircraft FAQ (Frequently Asked
Pratt's FAQ site . LOTS of legal and other information on
including downloadable copies of important FAA documents.
- Amateur-Built Maintenance (an article
EAA Government Programs Office). Learn the legalities of maintaining a
homebuilt you bought instead of built.
for KITPLANES and SPORT AVIATION Thomas Decker graciously offered
index to the net, and Marc Zeitlin has done an HTML conversion. Many
to both these gentlemen.
- And the post popular question: "Where can I find free plans
Personal Sites of Note
Construction and Design Advice
I've collected a signficant collection of links on my Sea
and Sky Engine Page.
FAA Advisory Circulars and Reference Information
- AC 90-89A
and Ultralight Flight Testing Handbook
- AC 20-27
of Amateur-Built Aircraft
- AC 65-23A Certifiction
- Amateur Built
- AC 90-109
Airmen Transition to Experimental or Unfamiliar Airplanes
- Jim Pratt's Publications
page is a good all-in-one source.
Practices - Aircraft Inspection and Repair (Zip file with all chapters
- 15 MB)
- CAM-18. The predecessor of
Materials and Specifications
Miscellaneous Technical Information
These are links to stories about flying (and a couple of other things)
that I've written and shared with folks. Most are fun, there are
a couple of serious ones in the mix.
- The do-it-yourself 747 . Now the
- Wire Strike! A
flies through power lines, and not only lives, but LANDS.
- The Homebuilt Submarine . Yes, a
built out of a T-33 tip tank.
- Goodbye, John
A farewell to a friend.
- The Auburn
Project . Oooo, that's SCAAAARYYY!!! :-)
- Banner . Everyone had their
September 11th. Here's what I wrote for our next EAA Chapter
- An Accelerometer in Paradise .
paradise be for a device that measures and stores shocks and bangs for
later examination? How about in a piece of baggage carried by a
- AVweb Articles. I've
of articles for the online aviation magazine AVweb
- Fly Baby Tales - A Fly Baby is an
single-seat, homebuilt airplane. I've been flying them for about
fifteen years now, and really have no urge to move on to something
Over the years, I've posted a number of stories of things that've
in my Fly Baby. These stories all all located in with my Fly
Baby web page .
- Interested in writing for aviation magazines? Check out the
- The Songs
They Sang. Five articles about traditional aviation
got Wings! A PDF version of a pre-war Army Air Force pamphlet
for kits, all about flying.
These are links to some aviation-related sites which are just plain fun
to go through. They're mostly G-rated, although one or two
may have some off-color jokes in sections. Check out my own Stories
Homebuilt Aircraft Home Pages
These home pages are organized by aircraft type. Some are operated by
companies, others are privately operated. Inclusion in this list should
not be construed as an endorsement, nor should exclusion be considered
as a negative comment towards the aircraft in question. To suggest a
email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
either the designer/kit manufacturer name,
or the name of the plane. Some sites contain massive lists of
links to that type...instead of reproducing all the links, I indicate
the links are contained on that site.
Looking for an older design that just doesn't seem available?
Check out the Vintage Ultralight and
Association (VULA) . They're trying to gather the rights to
old designs and make them available.
. For the Baby Ace and Junior Ace
Lee McGee's project
Monster (factory site)
- Air Cam
Inc . - See also "Stallion"
has subscale Fokker replicas
Marinossian's Project is a two-seat aerobatic mount.
- American Affordable Aircraft - See "Vision"
ultralights - Eureka
. Record-breaking Rotax-powered composite homebuilt
- Atlantica -
body kit under development
- Aviat (Christen Eagle)
- Baby Ace (See Ace Aircraft)
- BD-4.org is a
information about the aircraft.
Jiménez's site. LOTS of good data on the BD-5.
- Boredom Figher
- Bush Caddy
- CA-61 and CA-65 - See Cvjetkovic
- Christen Eagle (See Aviat)
- CIRCA Nieuports
- Clutton FRED
- Comp Monster
- Coot Amphibian
Tony Pileggi's 82% replica of an F4U
- Corvair Cruiser
- Der Kricket - (Photo
1 - Photo
2) from the Great Plains Aircraft VW-power photo album
- Don Quixote - See Janowski Aircraft
Dragonfly. Morris is also building a glass cockpit for his
- QDF Archive.
Quickie and Dragonfly tandem winged
aircraft found on the internet and or submitted to the site.
- Dyke Delta
- Early Bird Jenny
- Earthstar Aircraft - See Thunder Gull
- Euravial - see Fournier
- Eureka - See Ameri-cana ultralights
- Experimental (Berkut) - see Renaissance Aircraft
- Actually, L'Avion....
- Express Aircraft
Barnaby Wainfan's FMX-4 and FMX-5.
XP - Dutch Revenboer's photo album
- Falconar Avia
- Fisher Flying Products
- Flugwerk GMBH
full-scale replica warbirds
- Fly Baby
- Flying Flea
from Airdrome Aeroplanes)
- Glass Goose
of the GlaStar Gang. Sid Lloyd operates this site, and it's packed with
tons of info and assistance.
- Gnat GK-7
inexpensive, metal-composite aircraft about the same size as a
or a CriCri. It's currently under development.
- Harmon Rocket
(Hatz Biplane Association)
- Hummel Bird
- Ion Aviation
Aircraft - see JDT Mini-Max
- JDT Mini-Max
- Junior Ace (See Ace Aircraft)
- The follow-on aircraft to Dean Wilson's Explorer
- Lazair Ultralights
- Leza Air Cam
- Little Toot - See Meyer
is building an 80% scale replica Lockheed Lightning.
- Maranda - See Falconar Avia
Monarch - Ultralight sailplane
- Mignet - See Flying Flea
- Midget Mustang/Mustang II
- Look under "Circa" for the Graham Lee replicas
- Northstar Bushplane (Super Cub look-alike)
- One Design
- Pelican (See Ultravia)
Beryl, Diamant, Zephyr, Saphire, Onyx, and Emeraude
also has a Geo Metro conversion
- Rebel &
- Rotorway Helicopters
- RV Aircraft
Factory Site. They've got lots more RV links here.
Aviation Super Cyclone
- Sadler Vampire
- Sea Hawker (see Glass Goose)
- Searey Amphibian
- Sequoia Aircraft (See Falco)
- A German design
- Sky Arrow
- Skyfly CA-61 and CA-65 - See Cvjetkovic
- Skyote biplane
(Look under "Kitfox" as well)
- Slepcev Storch
- Factory Site
(Select the "Builder's Web Page" option to see other pages.
- Spacewalker & Sportsman (Warner Revolution)
- Spitfire Replicas
- Stallion (Super Stallion - See also Aero Designs)
- Stewart S-51
- Stoddard-Hamilton....Look under "Glasair" and "GlaStar"
- Stolp - Look under "Starduster" and "Acroduster"
- This site covers the original aircraft. For the homebuilt
look under "Slepcev" and "Pazmany" above.
- The joined-wing Ligeti Stratos homebuilt still garners
the demise of the designer. While there isn't a site for the
aircraft, you can see a model and read about the Ligeti
- LuceAir builds
Tailwind and Buttercup parts
- A Citabria clone
- Taylor Mini-Imp: See Mini-Imp
- TEAM (Now called JDT)
- TEAM-38 is
an 80% scale replica Lockheed Lightning.
- Teenie Two
- Texas Parasol
- Thatcher CX-4
- Thorp T-18 - see "T-18 Tiger"
- Thunder Gull/Earthstar Aircraft
- T-18 Tiger
(Homebuilt Aviation Ltd.)
- Ultravia Pelican
- Vampire (See Sadler)
- Van's - See "RV"
- Volmer VJ-22 Sportsman
- Vulcan Aviation (See Ion
- WAR Replica Fighters
- Warner Revolution - See Spacewalker
- White Lightning
- Ron Wilson Acrolight - See Acrolight
- Windrose Motor Glider
- Wittman - see "Tailwind"
- Wolf - See Boredom Fighter
Links to Homebuilding-Related Organizations and
to Ron Wanttaja's Sea and Sky